Monday, September 22, 2008

PMV (Personal Mini Vacation)

I have recently been introduced to the PMV by a friend of mine. I had long thought of this idea but didn't quite know how to do it until she enlightened me. Not to say I have not been on many very nice adult vacations (thanks Mom and Dad for watching the kids for us!) and I have been on girls weekends also (thank you friends and again Mom and Dad), I have even been on some fun couples trips lately. So as you can see I really have nothing to complain about. BUT... (you knew the BUT was coming) I have never had a vacation alone. I needed a mini break today. I wont bore you with details of why, they are the same ones you could come up with to justify a mini break. Sooo what did I do, I took the afternoon off. I let Kristin my wonderful babysitter, my clone to do the afternoon pickup, homework and snack, while I shopped leisurely at the mall. I tried on 15 pairs of skinny jeans, that is a whole other post BTW, about 6 pairs of shoes and bought new makeup. I also had some small spa services set up so I could come home feeling like a new women. It was only an afternoon but it sure made a world of difference. Maybe next time I will stay the night at the Double Tree and sleep in! Baby Steps!



I found a pair of shoes I will share with my blogging friends. I thought these were way ugly when I saw them but the sales guy talked me into trying these and other "booties" on. Since I was not in a hurry (remember PMV, no kids or schedule) I decided to humor him. I have now decided I love them and love the idea of booties.

See we who are so blessed to live in San Diego do have a winter dilemma. Do we buy hot, long boots for the whole two weeks a year when we could wear them without sweating to death? Or so we flip flop through the puddles saying the rain will only last another few days? Now I feel I have found the San Diego boot.

No I will not be wearing them as the models do with dark tights and mini skirts or dresses, I will be wearing them with jeans where they will look like regular boots but with out the sweet marks under my arms. Enjoy and feel free to try some on the next time you are out shopping.

3 comments:

Shari said...

Those would be very cute with some sweet jeans! Congrats on the PMV. I'm soooo envious.

Shari said...

Did you find some sweet jeans by the way???

Jenn S. said...

Hooray for a PMV. In Dallas they have programs called "Mother's Day Out" and believe me, they are my sanity!

PS - see my blog for a post about skinny jeans. ;)