Thursday, September 11, 2008

First Day of 1st Grade

Sydney went back to Torrey Hill's Elementary on August 25Th as a first grader. It was really hard to see her go after the fun summer we had. I also knew she did not know what she was getting into. The longer day's at school, more work and less play. I knew it would be hard on her. But she was up and ready to go on to 1st grade in her new dress and shoes she picked out. She had gone to the school over the weekend with Todd to see where her classroom was so she felt very confident as she directed me and her siblings where to go. Todd and I were the typical parents with the camera and video camera out documenting every footstep. There was not a tear shed by her as we all hugged and kissed her goodbye. I felt sad but I kept up a good front for her.


2 comments:

Coach B. said...

What a cutie! My daughter is only three, but school is just around the corner. How do you keep the tears in?

Shari said...

Can't believe it. She was just a baby yesterday!