Thursday, January 1, 2009

A Christmas Eve At Our Home.

 
I was a little worried how we would do all our fun Christmas Eve traditions when we did not get home from Palm Springs till late morning on Christmas Eve day.  I had some errands that I couldn't do before we left on our trip like all the grocery shopping for Christmas Eve dinner and Christmas dinner, cooking those meals and the baking of everyone's favorite pies (Todd-chocolate, Grandma Libby -blackberry and Kids and Me -pumpkin) plus some small gift still needed to be bought and wrapped! How could I do all that and still do all the fun stuff?
With Todd's help we pulled it all off stress free! 
Once home I ran to the grocery store to stock the house for our Christmas Feast's while Todd unpacked the car. Then he wrapped presents that still needed wrappings and ordered our Christmas Eve dinner from Pick up Stix! Yes you read that right. Let me explain. My family has a tradition of having Chinese food for Christmas Eve dinner. This funny tradition originated from a family joke which you will probably not get so I wont bore you with the telling of. My mom, sisters and I usually make most of it but order a few things from our favorite 
Chinese restaurant in my home town. It's fun and a break from the usual traditional fixing we just had a Thanksgiving and will usually have again the next day. (If your wondering, yes my family always has a party Christmas Eve and another on Christmas day) So I have done this with my family the years we have stayed in San Diego. But I knew I could not pull off almond chicken, sweet and sour pork and all the fixings this day before Christmas and keep my sanity. So Todd stepped in and came through with the next best thing. Insuring that we could do this,  

Todd reading The Night Before Christmas
 and Luke 2 to our children,


opening new P.J's and posing for pictures in Christmas P.J's, 
baking cookies for Santa,

set out cookies for Santa and carrots for the reindeer, 


(How do you think he fits down Bella?)
and later that night, 

 stockings hung with so much care and Santa's arrival at a peace-filled house.

It was a Very Merry Christmas.






2 comments:

Jackie Howe said...

Hi Katy,
Your house looks so cozy. I really wish we could have been there on Christmas day night. I love the pics of the children. Especially of the girls looking up at the chimney. And, Preston does not look like a baby anymore. Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Katy!! I love blogs!! It is a great way to keep up with the goings on in people's lives that you don't get to see as often as you'd like. The kids are so cute and growing way to fast! Hope we get to see you guys soon. Love ya,
Michael & Terrie