Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Our Bella Rose Turns 5!



Bella was born in the afternoon on October 7th 2003. Only about 18 months after her big sister Sydney. I think the time she was born is important because it makes me think that is why she does not like the night. She was born in the full light of the day and wants to enjoy as much of it as possible. She has never liked to nap or sleep through the night. I used to be frustrated by this but after 5 years I now embrace it.




When she was a newborn she would only sleep curled up next to me. She would cry and cry unless she was in my arms or snuggled as close as she could to my side. She is still my best snuggler and comes in each morning before everyone else is up to have a little snuggle time with me.


Bella has done just about everything at a fast pace. She said her first word at 3 months. She could crawl faster than any baby on earth and once she started walking she took off into a run. I don't think she has really stopped since. But there are few little girls who care more about others or one who is as sweet.


Bella loves everyone she meets and everyone who knows her loves her in return. She LOVES, LOVES, LOVES her big sister Sydney and wants to be just like her. She can't get enough time with her "baby" brother Preston. Bella has been and leading him around playing games and singing songs since he could follow on his own. Sydney could always get baby Bella laughing and now they are always laughing together.



Bella just seems to glow and we all just want to be in her light. I still can't believe she is 5 years old now. There are days I wish I could go back in time for an afternoon when it was just us girls, Sydney 2 years old and baby Bella playing in the water in the sink together while I laughed with them. But then again we would probably be missing Preston and wanting to get back to him.

When I found out I was pregnant with Bella I wondered what life would be like with another baby girl in the house, now I can't imagine a world without Bella in it.




Thank you Bella for letting me be your Mother. I love, love, love you. Hug and Kiss!

6 comments:

Shari said...

Ok, that was a tear jerker! What a sweet birthday tribute to Bella.

Happy Birthday to her!

Shari said...

P.S. It's so great having two teenage girls close in age....most of the time. You will love it later as well.

Ann said...

Katy,
I love the picture of Bella wrapped up in the blanket as a little baby. What a sweet face!!! Besides Truman, Bella is one of my favorite reasons to sub on Sundays! It is always such a kick! You must be laughing all day/everyday! So much personality in such a little body!

Ann

Darci said...

hey there! love the post and pics of your sweet Bella. She is all those things you said, Katy! Hey I want to come to your baking party. You have the best kitchen for that too.

Erika said...

What a beautiful little girl! I can't get over how cute your kids are! You're such a good mom. Hope you had a fun day.

Jackie Howe said...

Katy,

I cried reading your caption on Bella's. What a loving and sweet tribute to her.