Sunday, October 26, 2008

Hole-In-One!

Ok, I'm going to interrupt Katy's blog flow here to brag about the best (ok, maybe luckiest) golf shot I've ever made - this blog is about family highlights after all, right?  

Hole number 8 at Talons Cove golf course in Utah (ok, I took a picture of the ball in the hole as proof).  I was playing in the 
BYU rugby team's annual alumni golf tournament and hit my first (and probably my last) hole-in-one!  No, I didn't win a car or even 
a motorcycle (although Harley Davidson was considering sponsoring the tournament but backed out at the last minute...bummer!).   

But I did get a one-liner in the Deseret News sports section the next day, so at least I can keep that clip as proof of the "glory days".  My brother Nate was playing with me which was cool and we both got a big kick out it.  

So after 10 years of frustration that only a golfer can appreciate, and hacking around trying to learn how to hit a small ball with a skinny stick...I finally have a highlight.  I'm seriously considering unloading my clubs on ebay and finishing while I'm on top.    

1 comment:

Shari said...

I'm loving that you're hijacking the blog, Todd. Congrats on your hole-in-one. I agree, sell the clubs now.