Thursday, October 30, 2008

Happy Halloween



I have really been enjoying Halloween this year. Our household was very busy this month so my house is not as decorated as it has been in years past. But last night we got out a few things before we headed to our ward Trunk or Treat. I have to say I think this years Carmel Valley, Del Mar ward Trunk or Treat was one of the best I have been to in the 6 years we have been attending! It was fun to see ward friends and friends from other wards who came also.

Halloween is so great this year mainly because of my kids. But here are my Top Five 2008 Reasons I Love Halloween This Year.

1. My kids are so into it all and have been counting down to the day!

2. Each of the kids picked out their costumes this year (I'm a bit controlling I know but I've made progress and allowed them to pick their own). To my delight they themed!! Superhero's was the costume of choice. The kids were so cute running around in their costumes taking on their new identities! Bella has been pretty sick but rallied nicely for the party. Funny how that happens.

3. The fun of putting together Sydney's class Halloween party. One activity we will be doing is cupcake decorating. You can see here I was trying to make spiders and a witch. I could not for the LIFE of ME find shoe string black licorice which would have made much better legs and witch hair!!! I looked at different 5 stores!!!! It was not till tonight around 6:00pm when I realized I could have probably found it at one of those over priced candy stores at the mall. You know the ones where you can fill a bag with different kinds of candy for $2.00 1/8th of a pound of something like that. O well, I think the kids will get the idea and enjoy it.


4. Dicussions with kids about witches, ghosts and bats.
Speaking of bats Sydney's class took a poll on who like bats and who didn't. She came home and told me how many of her classmates like bats and how many did not. She said she was the only one who said she didn't know. So we sat down at the computer and learned all about bats and what they did. She decided she likes them. Funny because late last night (late due to ward party) as I was tucking the girls in we heard a bat outside their window. Bella got a little scared but Sydney was able to explain to Bella why they make the sound they do. Bella felt much better after hearing Sydney's explanation.


5. Last but not least- one holiday closer to Christmas!!!!!!

1 comment:

Shari said...

Such cute cupcakes! Did you really hear a bat outside the window?? Guess I'm clueless because I would never know if I was hearing a bat.