Monday, May 16, 2011

Things Have Changed Around Here...

Gone from the bathtub are the mermaids and pony's.
They have now been replaced with army men and trucks.

The Sisters are also gone from the bath.
Preferring to shower in my giant shower.
They are so grownup
(9 years old and 7.5)
so bath time is not as exciting as it once was.

We don't have as many free days or afternoons we once had. Gone are pajama Fridays (we used to stay home in our pj's till we just had to get out of the house or not). The dress-up baskets have been given away and replaced with chapter books, remote control helicopters, professional art supplies and soccer cleats. There is not a real nap schedule, Davis is the only one who takes a nap anyway and I have to squeeze it in whenever I can as each day has a different schedule.
But with all these changes come new experiences, challenges and fun!




Some of the fun that EVERYONE was up for
was SPRING BREAK 2011 in Palm Springs!
We loved the heat, pool and friends.
Even a trip to the ER one late night was
an adventure (not to be repeated).
I'm so ready to travel with these kids. They are so fun and love trying new things. They are always up for hiking, swimming, playing games and we had a whole week to do just that.

And lastly, we are almost done with the "Year of the Baby". With it brings relief, like Davis is sleeping from 7pm till 7am. He is eating well and enjoying all the fun and excitement of a house full of siblings. Davis is a mellow, active, happy, spirited, funny and loving boy. He has brought so much love into this family. We have been so lucky that all the kids adore him and still fight over who gets to see him first thing in the morning, hold him and help with any of his care and cleaning. As this year ends I'm also sad that I wont ever have a newborn snuggled on my shoulder again. It's weird to think that this chapter of my life is closed.

I'm so glad we went for a fourth child, though I can say with all certainty that we are done!!! So don't bother asking, ha ha!
In all the ways I listed above and more I know I'm lucky but I'm also soooo incredibly busy. I really did not know I could be so busy! But I'm learning that it is the best kind of busy. Though I would love some extra time to shed this last 10 pounds of baby weight!

I will start posting regularly again and sharing some of the more "light" moments in raising 4 Wilson children. We are looking forward to the summer full of surfing, soccer, seeing friends, a road trip (maybe) and lots of relaxing (well as much as I can get with the group).

After the summer the new school year will bring with it PTA,
3 elementary school classes, a toddler, 3 soccer teams, dance classes, gymnastics class, piano lessons for 3, and Todd in the bishopric.
So my life should be full of laughs!

2 comments:

Shari said...

What a great post, Katy!! I have missed hearing from you.

Can't believe you're almost through the YOTB. You lived!!! Yay!!! And the kids lived too! Bonus!

It is fun to see how things are changing isn't it? And I empathize with that 'twinge' of sadness at closing the newborn chapter of your life. A really fast, fleeting twinge, that's it! :)

You are doing an amazing job at keeping it together. Your family is beautiful and so are you!

Too bad you aren't going to keep going for at least two more kids so you can experience a newborn with a teenager. It's pure hell and joy all in one. :)

Erin said...

Katy! Can you believe we survived this year!!??

Wait.

Did we??? :)

I miss seeing you! Your kids are so beautiful. Love that picture at the top of your header. Talking about your girls not enjoying the tub anymore made me want to cry. My girls still do, but I know it's just a matter of time. I want to freeze them all right now! Well - right now when Kole doesn't have a stuffy nose and need me to hold him ALL DAY LONG. :)

Loved your post! And congrats to Todd! Are you handling that little curve ball ok???