Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Self Portrait by Sydney



Sydney was playing with my phone one day in the car. I didn't know she was taking pictures of herself. I just came across these pictures.
She is so beautiful!
My children are getting hard for me. Not in their behavior but in their continual growing. I know we are supposed to cultivate growth in our offspring, physical, spiritual, intellectual and all that. I love seeing them change and learn. 

But... 
What I'm having trouble with is knowing that when one phase is over there is no going back. 

I have forgotten what it was like to hold my newborn Sydney, or Bella and even Preston. I can't remember what they sounded like when they cried their toddler cry. 
So I'm trying to enjoy each phase, good and bad, with them because it really does go fast. 

4 comments:

Kath said...

Smart mamma!!

Jenn S. said...

Oh Katy - I tear up just reading this! The other night I was watching video of Kate when she was just a year old and I couldn't even remember her being so little (and this only 18 months ago!) Sigh - thank goodness for pictures and video right? :)

Sydney is BEAUTIFUL! And so lucky to have such a wonderful and thoughtful Mama. xoxo

Bake Party of 6 said...

Sydney is beautiful! I know we shouldn't have favorites, but I loved being her primary teacher!

Ann said...

I. Can't. Stand. It! I really can't. Your sentiments are mine exactly and so well said.