Friday, August 14, 2009

Blogger Confessional






I'm sure none of you have ever been to "THAT POINT" that you just gave your kids a bag of cereal and left them on the couch to watch cartoons all morning.

I did!

Reasons?
1. When I asked kids what they would like for breakfast all I heard were shrieks and crying.
2. It was 6:30am.
3. I had 4 plies of laundry calling my name upstairs that needed to be dealt with.
4. I have been the camp councilor, entertainer extraordinaire, life guard and kid party animal for what like 9 weeks, and none of the kids seem better for it.

Fighting ensued at 9:43am and they are now in their rooms reading quietly. So far I'm enjoying this morning more then the day's at the beach, park, zoo, camping, soccer camp and playdates.

Feel free to tell me about any "Friends" bad parenting this summer.

Post Edit: I had a great birthday yesterday and will post about it when I get the pictures!

2 comments:

Shari said...

Sounds to me like you're ready for them to go back to school!

I've had so many of these 'parenting' episodes over the past 9 weeks that I've lost count.

Erin said...

Cereal is at least a breakfast food. Ever given your child a bag of fishy crackers to start the day? Regular occurance around here.