Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Sky Is Falling!

No this has nothing to do with the ELECTION today. It is RAINING in SAN DIEGO!!!! My children are amazed and one is in tears. I don't have a rain coat that fits Sydney, so she left for school a sad, sad girl today. I was not prepared for this down pour. Though I should have seen the signs. There were a few sprinkles on Sunday and a short drizzle on Monday, totaling 20 minutes.  We San Diegans don't see to much rain in early November, so I ignored it and kept my flip-flops firmly on. 

But today it is pouring and does not look like it will stop this morning.  At least 2 out of 3 of my children are happy. They have rain gear that fits! See the happy children on their way into school.

Dino Preston making his own way into school. 

Bella skipping off to school! She was stomping in puddles where ever she could find them.

My carpool kids!

So after the wet morning carpooling and getting 4 children into their classrooms I came home to eat my breakfast. I just bought these new bowls and just love the color. I poured my cereal and added my fruit and went to get a spoon. When I looked back I thought how pretty the bowl looked with the boxes next to it. So I took this picture of my pretty breakfast. 

Something to be grateful for during this month of gratitude. 

7 comments:

Rehearsal Dinner Healdsburg said...

You are a freak! I know you have lost it when you start taking pictures of bowls and boxes of cereal!!!

Ann said...

That is pretty funny that you took a picture of your breakfast!!! But we do need to find joy where we can! Election Day isn't enough? :) The rain really was fun today!!

Shari said...

I too loved the rain, even while holding signs for Prop 8!!! It's cute that you took a photo of your bowl. Did you know NieNie does the same thing??? :)

Katy said...

It is pretty funny that I took a picture of my breakfast bowl. I read about them on a blog a few weeks ago. I was at Anthro yesturday and saw how fun and cute they were in person and had to buy them. But on this rainy morning the blue bowl really did deserve a picture! It's the small thing I look for in my crazy life.

Erika said...

So does soy milk really taste good? I've never been brave enough to try it. Love the bowls, and thanks for the chuckle this morning...I needed it after my disappointment over the election results. May God continue to bless America (even though we now have a president who doesn't believe in God).

Jackie Howe said...

Katy,
you crack me up!! Taking a picture of your breakfast! I love the pictures of the kids in the rain. See you on Monday!

Darci said...

Katy, I love bowls! Does Anthro, mean Anthropologie? I am really not that hip to know....