Thursday, November 22, 2007

Turkey Day


Why do we spend five days of planning and three days of cooking to finish the whole meal in less than 30 minutes? Well for me I had two reasons. First this year it was because Todd's family was coming to our house for the Thanksgiving feast and second because my girls were sooo into it. Sydney and Bella have been learning all about the FEAST we are to have for Thanksgiving. Their schools had mini "feasts" and Thanksgiving projects going on for the past two weeks. As you can see from this picture of Sydney her kindergarden teacher got way into it. Sydney is dressed in a turkey costume that her teacher made.

I wish I would have had a camera on Tuesday when I took all three kids to the store to pick-up the fresh turkey I ordered. They were so excited you would have thought it was more like Christmas morning. When they lady at the store opened the box the turkey came in Bella exclaimed "I saw its beak!" (there was no beak). They each had to ride on their own side of the cart so they could keep an eye on it, just incase it moved! We caused quite a scene. But at least one women thought it was so cute she did take a picture!

Happy Turkey Day!