Saturday, November 3, 2007

Pre-Halloween Fun!



Our ward had the annual Trunk-or-Treat party the night before Halloween. We had such a great time with ward members and our kids. The activities committee did a great job setting up all the activities for the kids. There were carnival games for the kids, a nice dinner and a chili cook-off contest.

I have to take a minute to brag about myself. I won 3rd place in the chili contest! I had entered when the sign up sheet went around primary weeks ago thinking I would do my standard chili, ground beef and beans, but when I made it a few weeks beforehand as a trial run I didn't really like. I don't know if my taste has change or what but I found it to salty and bland. Then with the fires and all it was not till two days before the evening I started to frantically search for a new recipe on-line. I was lucky enough to find this website http://allrecipes.com/Default.aspx and a recipe on it that looked good. I did tweak it a bit to fit my taste, so I was really surprised when I won 3rd place. I know it is a silly ward party but it was still alot of fun to be involved!

The kids loved going from car to car getting all the candy! And as you can see they also liked hanging out in our decorated trunk!

No comments: