Sunday, September 9, 2007

First Day of Kindergarden



Sydney started Kindergarden on August 27th, which is also Todd's birthday. Sydney was so excited and ready to go by 7am. I on the other hand was very reluctant to go and sad. My sadness started the Saturday previouse when I took her clothes shopping. She figured out that there was an alternative to me bringing things home and she wearing them. I got a glimps of what the future holds for me as the mother of two girls who LOVE sparkly shinny things when Sydney brought me chetta patterned shoes with jewled bows and a pair of $90 dollar 7's jeans she wanted because they had crystals on the pockets! Once we "negotiated" through those choices (she got the shoes) we had a great time shopping and talking about what she thought kindergarden would be like. Having gone to Hanna Fenichal where playing dress-up and doing some amazing art project's each and every day, I felt I had to prepared her that there might not be as much, if any dress-up and the art projects would be a little more simple. She was fine with it as long as she was going to learn to read and walk to school.

The weekend before school I was looking at her baby pictures when I realized that what all those old ladies and strangers who had stopped me while I was struggling with three babies over the past 5 years had said to me was TRUE. It had all gone so fast and I have forgotten so many of the baby moments I thought I would never forget. I can hardly remember her being so small, or her baby laugh. I was so glad I had those pictures though.

Back to the first day of school. Todd, Sydney's Uncle Nate and I walked her to school. We took about a few hundered picuters of her and I took a deep breath and walked her into her classroom. She sat down on the mat with her new class, said goodbye to us and never looked back. It just about broke my heart...

No comments: