Sunday, August 12, 2007

Smelling the flowers...

On Saturday I had some long overdue one-on-one time with both the girls. Sydney and I went to the mall and to the soccer store in the morning and Bella and I went to Big 5 and Baskin Robbins in the afternoon. It definitely doesn't happen enough - the one on one time - and even more rare is having that time AND not being stressed or preoccupied with work or other matters.

Bottom line - the blackberry and cell phone are always gonna be there, but these moments won't. A few classic quotes just from our day around town on Saturday:

"Dad, your car is so dirty we have to take it to the dry cleaners...really."

- Sydney (as we got into my car to leave for the morning)

"Well, I am five and I wear size five clothes. Bella is almost four and she wears size four clothes...so I think we should get Mommy size 32"

- Sydney (when I asked her what size outfit we should get Katy when shopping for her b-day)

"Dad, I'm not afraid of fighting cheetahs...I'm not. And I'm not scared of bears either, I will fight them to, I will."

- Bella (totally out of the blue as we were driving home)

No comments: