Saturday, February 23, 2008

And the doctor says..."Shepherd's Fracture"

Here's a great shot of my left foot.  Turns out I broke the talus bone (didn't know I had one...) behind my ankle when I played in the BYU rugby team alumni game back in October.  I guess they call it Shepherd's Fracture (after some doctor).  

I've been relegated to wearing a "boot" for the past six weeks and looks like a little surgery is in my future to remove the round bone that's floating around in there behind my ankle.  Bummer, but I gotta do it soon to be ready for summer fun with the kids!

5 comments:

Goga said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Goga said...

Thanks for the RTG image you have posted.I'm learning about this type of fractures at the moment and it's been quite helpful to me!Hope you're better now!Best wishes from Skopje,Macedonia!

sjbiz11 said...

Just found out yesterday I also have the same type of fracture! Bummer! I also have to have surgery to remove the piece of bone and the doctor is going to file down the bone that it broke off from b/c my tendon is rubbing it and it is constantly popping and doesn't feel too great.

Goga said...

I have completely forgotten that once I've commented on this image and now your post came to my mail..
Nevertheless,I am a doctor..Goodluck with the surgery,wish you all the best!;)

shanann said...

I hurt my foot on the 21st of July and it took the doctors over a month to figure out I have a shepherd's fracture. I have since been wearing a lace up brace. It has been two months since the injury and it is still very painful. Is this common? Should the doctor be doing something different?